CV CLEARING HOUSE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. bookcareers.com is not a recruitment consultancy or an employment agency and makes no guarantees as to a level of response.
2. bookcareers.com sets its own standards and criteria for registration and this may be modified from time to time. bookcareers.com reserves the right to reject or suspend candidates without reason or explanation. We DO NOT discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, sexual orientation, race or disability.
3. By registering, you are solely responsible for any information submitted by you to the bookcareers.com site.
4. bookcareers.com accepts no responsibility for any occurrences that may arise from the publication of any information which you have supplied in your profile.
CURRENTLY WE ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH THE CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH FACILITY. IF YOU DO NOT WANT EMPLOYERS (including possibly your current employer) KNOWING YOUR NAME OR CONTACT DETAILS YOU CAN STILL REGISTER BUT CLICK THE OPTION ‘HIDE YOUR CV FROM SEARCHES’; ‘Hiding your contact details’ does not currently work. This message will be removed once this is fixed.
5. During the registration process you will get the opportunity to receive membership information about several publishing trade associations. By clicking REQUEST INFORMATION you are releasing your name and email address to the organisation concerned. We have the assurance of these societies that you will only be sent a one-off mailing and you will not be added to a database or mailing list unless you request otherwise at a later date.
6. bookcareers.com operates a quality control policy. If we find two or more errors on your CV we reserve the right to reject your registration.
7. Once you ACCEPT an invitation to apply for a vacancy you fully understand that all your personal data and your CV will be released to a potential employer. By clicking the ACCEPT button you are releasing your personal data at your own risk; bookcareers.com cannot be held liable.
8. Whilst every effort and care is taken to ensure that the users of this service are bona fide candidates and employers, bookcareers.com is reliant on third parties for the supply of information and cannot be held liable for any mistakes, errors or circumstances that may arise.
9. You acknowledge that you are using the CV Clearing House at your own risk and confirm that you do not hold bookcareers.com liable in any way you also give bookcareers.com permission to store cookies about your web visits on the bookcareers.com.
10. By continuing to register, you acknowledge that you are in acceptance of these terms and conditions.