An understanding of colour is vital for everyone involved in the design and production of print books. Taught by a pre-press expert at its premises this is an interactive course focusing on the pre-press workflow from image selection to file supply whether that be a file for print or digital distribution.
Poor image selection and mistakes at pre-press can be very expensive. This course will give you the skills to minimise the risk to your business and ensure you know how to get the result you want.
Using a combination of seminar, activities and practical demonstrations, the course will help you:
- Create a great pre-press brief
- Assess image quality and their suitability for your book
- Understand colour theory and how it impacts the finished book
- Understand colour management
- Know how retouching can improve an image
- Know how to colour correct
- Specifiy the correct file format for your needs
- Understand the different proofing options available and know which one is right for you
- Know the different digital options available and be able to select the most appropriate one for your needs.
All of BIC’s courses are designed in conjunction with a group of Production Directors from leading houses so that they focus on what you need to know. Each course contains a formal assessment recognised by many of the UK’s publishing houses.