Do you like to know what’s going on under the digital hood? Then this course is for you. Picking up where BIC’s ‘eBook Creation: Investigated & Explained’ training course ends, this course is a practical, hands-on look at the production of eBooks. It will investigate the different platforms, creation methods and workflows, plus their application and the pros and cons of each.
The course is aimed at those who are currently responsible for the production of eBooks and for those with a small amount of knowledge of CSS, InDesign (CS4 upwards) and XML.
All of BIC’s courses are designed in conjunction with a group of Production Directors from leading houses so that they focus on what you need to know. Each course contains a formal assessment recognised by many of the UK’s publishing houses.
The course will provide you with the tools to brief suppliers well and to understand the overall mechanics of eBooks.
You will learn:
- The various stages involved in eBook production
- The elements of an ePub file
- How to think ‘digitally’
- What an enhanced eBook is
- How to place audio and video files in an eBook
- How to select the best format for your book
- How to create custom content for iPads
- How to add metadata to your eBook
- How to crack open an eBook file to add or correct content
- How to select the best source material for your eBook
- How to write clear specifications and brief suppliers by creating your perfect handover template