BIC’s eBook Creation: Advanced & Practical Course
Purpose of the Course
Would you like to know what’s going on under the digital hood? Picking up where the BIC eBook Creation: Investigated & Explained training course leaves off, this course is a practical, hands-on look at the production of eBooks. It investigates the different platforms, creation methods and workflows, plus their application and the pros and cons of each.
Benefits of Attending
Using a combination of group exercises and technical, hands-on demonstrations, this course will help delegates to understand the terminology and process of producing eBooks for all platforms. The course covers various production methods including working with conversion houses (be they typesetters, repro houses or XML project management organisations that provide EPUB files) so that our delegates’ eBook expectations are met.
Delegates will be provided will the tools to brief suppliers well and to understand the overall mechanics of eBooks.
To ensure our attendees get the most out of the day, we limit the number of delegates for this course to 10.
This course is aimed at those who would like a deeper understanding of the techniques and processes involved in the creation and production of eBooks, including the following:
- Those who are currently responsible for the production of eBooks as part of their workflow whether they are production teams, editors and designers or independents
- Self-publishers and/or authors that would like to produce their own eBooks
- Librarians looking to help their patrons produce eBooks or add to the existing eBook content in their collections
A small amount of knowledge of CSS, InDesign and XML is helpful but not considered essential.
The topics covered will include:
- The various stages involved in eBook production
- The elements of an EPUB file
- How to think ‘digitally’
- What an enhanced eBook is
- How to place audio and video files in an eBook
- How to select the best format for your eBook
- How to create custom content for iPads
- How to add metadata to your eBook
- How to crack open an eBook file to add or correct content
- How to select the best source material for your eBook
- How to add and check accessibility for screen readers and assistive devices
Read the full course outline here.
|TICKET TYPE||SALES END||PRICE||FEE||VAT|
|BIC Members more info||01-Oct-19||£330.00||£18.64||£69.73|
|Friends of BIC more info||01-Oct-19||£390.00||£21.94||£82.39|
|Non-Members more info||01-Oct-19||£440.00||£24.69||£92.94|